Thursday, August 13, 2015

Inner Harbor, Baltimore Part 2

The main reason we went to Baltimore is to visit the National Aquarium.  I have always wanted to go, and we found a half price night after 5PM!  Hooray!
 

 It's amazing to go through the aquarium, as you can see the fish from above, below, on the sides, and just get all the perspectives.  Just the first room was incredible.  But I will admit, I was a bit distracted.
 They don't allow strollers.  Nope.  No strollers.  They will offer a carrier for you, and I knew it wouldn't fit Tommy, and I wanted him to help me with the bigger kids.  But, I wasn't prepared.  I would have packed differently.  And not had to carry so much.  Or even just have packed my own carrier.  Grr.  I was *this* close to putting it at the bottom of the stroller.  I knew I should have listened to my angel.  She got very heavy!
 I loved seeing Patrick and Emma touch the horseshoe crabs, sting rays, and even jelly fish!
 It says, "Please don't flash the octopus."  :)
 In order to see everything, most of the rooms are quite dark.  With my arms full, it was so tough to watch all the little guys and make sure they weren't running off!  Even with the light up shoes, it was stressful.
 We loved the dolphin show, and the all but Mommy sat in the splash zone.  And were disappointed that they didn't get wet. 


We had a wonderful time, and I am so glad we got to have a fun family outing.  We don't do big vacations as often, so a day like this is wonderful!


No comments: