Tuesday, August 25, 2015

50 years, 7 children, 31 grandchildren: One Couple

 
I am filled with joy, gratitude and love as we celebrate the anniversary of my parents. 
50th anniversary. 
 We had a Mass offered by a priest family friend.  My siblings all joined together to help make a lovely celebration after the dinner.
 A beautiful vow renewal celebration. 
 Our mother's request, we sang "Panis Angelicus" in 4 part harmony, accompanied by our sister Jenn.
A small celebration afterward included 6 children and 20 of the 31 grandchildren, just a few priests and some dear friends.



 
 The oldest grandchild, Joseph, got a small message from each grand kid, and he made a video for the grandparents.  It was perfect!  I needed way more tissues than I anticipated.
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of life from my parents.  That room would have been empty except for the face that my parents came together in marriage.  Thank you for the gift of our faith and the joys that family brings.  Thank you for showing us the power of prayer, sacrifice, and your graces!

No comments: